Bubbytblog

Sunday, November 05, 2006

"Walking in the Dark" Update 2

This past week Frank S. of Project Ezra gave my hubby a present: a full neon yellow reflective vest. Hubby wore it home from shul. Not too many diparaging comments, but one positive comment. The Baltimore Sun driver, who drives around every Friday night delivering parts of the Sunday paper in the neighborhood stopped his car, rolled down his window and thanked him for wearing it. He said: "You don't know how many of 'your people' I've almost hit because they walk in the street in their dark clothing and I cannot see them." (Walking home Friday night in the dark we saw a family in the street with a stroller and little kids who were impossible to see.) Project Ezra will be giving out FREE of charge reflective belts (not the full gear). They are white and not too terrible looking. I will be carrying them in my store eventually if people want to pick them up. Kol hakavod to Project Ezra for taking this suggestion and doing something about it immediately.

5 Comments:

  • Rabbi Gottlieb wore a reflective belt this Friday night also.

    By Blogger BubbyT, at 11/05/2006  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Natan, at 11/06/2006  

  • I just saw the ad in the Advertiser for the reflective belts. Kudo's!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/08/2006  

  • Aishel: Thanks!! And did you see my hubby in the bright yellow vest last Friday night..latest fashion at Shomrei!!

    By Blogger BubbyT, at 11/09/2006  

  • I can't say I did, I don't frequent Shomrei on Friday nights

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/23/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home