Bubbytblog

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Rudeness

I just came home from a weight watcher meeting. I joined in 1999 and have been up and down the same 10 pounds since then. Last week, after Yom Tov, (not fitting into last winter's clothes) I decided to go back. I am a life member and usually go once a month to "weigh in". If I am within 2 lbs of my goal I go free. Last week I was 5 lbs above goal and had to pay. So...I really tried hard this week and I was down to +2 above goal and didn't have to pay. Another woman says to me: "I don't understand why you come here," intimating that I don't need WW, which might be true in some people's minds, but when my clothes don't fit and my hubby says: "BubbyT, time lose a few." I jump back on the wagon. Why don't people just mind their own business??

It's not as rude as what happened to SephardiLady at www.orthonomics.blogspot.com/2006/10/rudest-most-unsolicited-advice-you.html but I was still annoyed at her rudeness!

2 Comments:

  • that is extremely rude! absolutely none of her business.

    By Blogger SaraK, at 10/24/2006  

  • As rude as you might perceive that person to be (and remember, I avoided WW for a few years for that reason), I don't think you should take it personally. Everyone has their own goals and body issues. You just have to do what you do for yourself. Now, if I could just get my butt over to pomona square and weigh in and pay that $14 for being way over goal, life would be good. But then again, avoidance is my forte.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/26/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home